The business world has long begun a gradual transition to digital. Still, the events of Covid-19 have forced companies to move forward in terms of advanced technology and prioritize online activities. Thus, the long-familiar face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and collaborative work began to wind down, and digital technology has made these processes much more efficient, even remotely. Nevertheless, online activity is fraught with various cyber threats that companies must constantly defend against. Virtual data room comparison are a safe and feature-rich space to optimize your business online.
What is a virtual data room?
A virtual data room is an online platform that uses advanced technology to achieve absolute security in its environment. Organizations can use VDRs for several purposes at once, namely:
- Storing data in a secure repository
- Sharing data via a secure source
- Collaborate in real-time
- Conducting due diligence
- Collaboration of different complex transactions
Data Room provides its customers with all the tools they need to ensure their sensitive data is protected during all the processes described above. VDRs are often used for mergers and acquisitions, fundraising, IPOs, litigation, and legal and accounting processes. These online solutions will be useful for organizations of all sizes and industries; it’s also a great option for startups – when the security of your intellectual property is more important than ever. Virtual data rooms are amazingly flexible solutions; authorized users can log into the space anytime and anywhere; also, VDRs support virtually any OS and device.
Key Virtual Data Room security features
Since the Virtual Data Room was created based on cloud technology, some may assume that it is essentially the same thing, and they don’t need to spend extra money. Best Virtual Data Room Solutions have many advantages, both over common cloud platforms and its predecessor, physical storage. VDRs have multiple layers of protection comparable to a bank or military facility. The main security features of the data room are:
- Secure data centers are guarded 24/7, and VDR providers typically distribute your data across multiple physical servers in different locations. This ensures their integrity during various incidents: flood, hurricane, fire, outage, etc.
- Backup – this process happens all the time, so you can always restore your data to the latest version and have peace of mind about various emergencies
- Advanced encryption methods – Usually, encryption methods only encrypt data and only do so during transmission. However, VDR uses only advanced encryption techniques and encrypts both the data and the documents themselves both at rest and during transmission
- Double Authentication – provides increased login security because it requires a password and additional information to verify identity. Usually, it is a one-time code that comes to a phone number or email
- Multi-step verification – If a user logs in to VDR from a new device, he must go through multi-step verification and confirm his identity
- Detailed permissions settings – you decide what each user can do with your documents. Administrators are in full control of their papers and can easily change the permissions settings depending on the role of the users. You can prohibit copying, editing, uploading, forwarding, printing, partial visibility, and a screenshot of the document
- Watermarks – Even if one of the users has been allowed to perform more functions with the documents, the data is still protected thanks to the watermarks. This feature reads information about the user’s identity and every action he takes within the document